Field Trip to Cold Canyon Landfill & Recycling
- Schedule one school bus with your district transportation office
- Send Bus Invoice to: IWMA 870 Osos St. San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Chaperones and Parents
- Assign 1-2 parent chaperones.
- Advise chaperones that they may not bring siblings or other children.
- Chaperones must wear shoes that cover their feet (no sandals).
- All chaperones / parents must arrive on the bus, not cars.
- Ask parents/chaperones to keep cell phones set to “off” or “vibrate” for the field trip.
Safety and Comfort
- Shoes: Be sure that students wear shoes that cover their feet (no open-toed shoes).
- Water: Have students bring a small bottle of water, as there are no drinking fountains.
- Jacket: Have students bring a jacket or sweater during cool weather.
- Restrooms: Have students use restroom at school before leaving school.
Day of Field Trip
- Please advise your field trip leader if you will be more than 15 minutes late (440-0991)
- Share directions / map to facility with your bus driver
- If more than one class is attending, divide students into two, equally-sized groups.
- If it is raining or threatening to rain, call your field trip leader the morning of the trip.
Click to print the field trip checklist: